Everyone who reads 24thstate knows that Mindy Mazur, the current campaign manager and former chief of staff for Robin Carnahan, used to work for the radical progressive organization America Votes.
It's called Voting In 2008: 10 Swing States. The title and the intent are clear. 10 states that might vote for Democrats need some rule changes in the way they vote to increase the chances of Democratic victory. The report was put together with input by Carnahan's right hand girl, Mindy Mazur. In fact, the people thanked for their involvement in the report is a veritable who's who of those who were suing the state of Missouri about their voting and registration rules with the approval of Robin Carnahan.
The Brennan Center, Demos , Project Vote, The Advancement Project, and America Votes (Mindy's the person listed as the helpful one).
So what did they have in mind for us?
• Election Day Registration. Show up at polls and cast ballots with little or no paperwork
• Pre-registration. Allowing voters who are 16 or 17 to pre-register
• Remove barriers to registration, such as proof of citizenship requirements. Why should you have to be a citizen to vote? Isn't breathing enough?
• Remove unduly harsh restrictions on third-party voter registration drives. This should be called the ACORN rule
• Remove barriers to registration and voting for citizens with felony convictions. Why shouldn't you be able to vote against the judge who put you in jail for murdering six people?
• Collect e-mail contact information. Forget absentee voting - imagine the fraud possible when voter registration information can be sent out to large lists.
• Clarify what must be on the registration form in order for it to be accepted. When people fill out registration forms incorrectly, they don't get registered. This came about because some people didn't check the citizen box on Florida voter information forms.
• Improve procedures for notifying voters of incomplete registration forms. If you were signed up by an ACORN worker outside of a welfare office, why should you have to worry about being accurate? Just let the state pick up the slack, and the cost of you registering.
Carnahan is of course running for Missouri Senate but is eight points down. One wonders if she would have even been elected to Secretary of State if the voters knew just how poorly Carnahan protects their voting rights. Mindy Mazur was this woman's chief of staff, and yet how many people know this is what she supports? The truth is Carnahan, like all progressives supports every bit of the report.
Democrats feed off the fiction that everyone deserves to vote, no matter what their legal status. They believe this not because it's a human right, but because it is their power base. If you can't convince legal voters to go your way, put your thumb on the scale and add in a slew of illegal voters to fix the election. If you can make the illegal legal, then you get a mandate.
Felons, illegal aliens, collecting contact information, and allowing ACORN to run voter registration drives without controls in place is the bread and butter of the progressive groups. And Carnahan's staff is thick with them.